Congratulations to our DLS DECA Team!
Seniors Jason Kathawa and Mike DeDecker qualified for the International Career Development Conference in Anaheim, CA, in April. Jason and Mike were among 21 students who competed last weekend (March 10-11) at the DECA (Distributive Education Clubs of America) State Development Conference in downtown Detroit.
State champions are decided by online test scores (test taken in February), and the two role play scores (both performed at the State Conference.
Twelve of the 21 DLS students earned medals, including those recognized for online test scores, role play performances or event finalists.
- Jason, Mike, and Jon Pierre Nofar were recognized for their outstanding online test scores.
- Jason, Mike, Jon Pierre, Conner Popa, Nick Brillati, Robert Cornwell, and Declan Haun were recognized for their performances on their role plays.
Seven students are finalists in their events:
- Brendan Ronne – Start-Up Business Plan
- Jason Kathawa – Business Finance Services
- Mike DeDecker – Food Marketing Services
- Declan Haun – Quick Serve Restaurant Management
- Parker Looman – Food Marketing Services
- Jon Pierre Nofar – Sports and Entertainment Marketing
- Andrew Saunders and Jarod Amparo – Buying and Merchandising Team Decision Making
Special thanks to these guest judges who worked with students the week prior to the competition:
- Alumni Tony Catullo (‘59), Jordan Candea (‘09), and Larry Salive (‘69)
- Christian Financial Credit Union DLS Branch Administrator Aarran Meier
- Christian Financial Credit Union employees Ashley Maye and Rebekah Monroe
- Daltile representative Erin Leszczynski
- President Tuxedo representative Elyse Quint
- Northwood University Admissions representative Mike Henry
DECA is moderated by DLS teachers Mrs. Stephanie Howay and Mr. Dennis Koch.