De La Salle Collegiate Student Ambassador Program
Student Ambassadors at De La Salle Collegiate are the best representatives of the student body and the school.
Ambassadors will interact and engage prospective students, alumni, and friends of De La Salle while also promoting the school and its programs.
They provide information and insight about the school as part of Admissions and Advancement activities, special events, community service projects, and speaking engagements.
Ambassadors must understand the Lasallian Mission, and have the following personal qualities:
- A sincere respect and appreciation for their De La Salle experience and comfort in discussing it.
- A desire to learn.
Ambassadors must possess good speaking skills, and enjoy interacting with a variety of people.
Ambassadors will have opportunities to improve their leadership skills in a variety of settings.
Ambassadors must maintain a positive demeanor that reflects well on De La Salle as they interact with current and prospective students and alumni.
In doing so, Ambassadors enjoy the tangible benefits of networking opportunities, and build their portfolio of experiences.
What a Student Ambassador does:
- Contributes approximately 25 hours of volunteer service during the course of the academic year. (Scheduling will accommodate other activities and variables in the student’s schedule.)
- Serves as an Ambassador at special events sponsored by either the Advancement or the Admissions Department, such as Fall Activities Night, Open House, the Christian Brothers’ Dinner, and Spring Activities Night.
- Leads the training of tour guides for Open House
- Makes phone calls to potential students.
- Makes thank you phone calls to donors and others who support the Lasallian Mission.
- Assist DLS in planning a Senior Class Gift program.
- Students who are selected as Student Ambassadors will receive letters of recommendation from both the Advancement and Admission Departments, and will have this service noted on their transcripts.
- Students will also be able to add this information to their resumes.
- Students will improve their leadership and communication skills.
- Students will have the ability to meet, interact, and network with alumni.
- Special DLS Student Ambassador Apparel.
- To be considered for the program, students must complete a Student Ambassador application and submit the materials by the deadline date indicated on the application.
- Prospective Student Ambassadors will go through an interview process before being selected.
- To maintain their position in the program, Student Ambassadors must maintain an overall GPA of at least 2.0.
- Ambassadors will be trained, and have regular meetings.
Click here for the Application. Applications due by Tuesday, November 15.