Parents often know that a private college prep education is in their child’s best interest. However, even more families struggle with justifying the tuition investment when they have a free public school down the road.
Here at De La Salle Collegiate we have put together a list of 5 numbers that we believe every parent needs to know.
- 80 This is the percentage of our graduating seniors who earned at least one academic scholarship to college. This is a direct return on the investment the parents made in tuition dollars.
- 95 This is the percentage of our students who are involved in at least one club, activity, or sport. The National Center for Educational Statistics reports that These activities offer opportunities for students to learn the values of teamwork, individual and group responsibility, physical strength and endurance, competition, diversity, and a sense of culture and community. Extracurricular activities provide a channel for reinforcing the lessons learned in the classroom, offering students the opportunity to apply academic skills in a real-world context, and are thus considered part of a well-rounded education. De La Salle Collegiate has over 50 different clubs, sports, and activities for young men to join.
- 48 This is the total number of International Baccalaureate, Advancement Placement (AP), and Honors courses available to students. We always look for new academic opportunities to challenge young men to achieve to their highest ability.
- 10,000 This is the number of living De La Salle Collegiate alumni. When a family sends their son here they are joining a community that will be with them socially, academically, and professionally for the rest of their lives.
- 24 This is the average class size at De La Salle Collegiate. When students are in smaller classes there are numerous benefits including building relationships with each student, higher results, more feedback for teacher and student, and learning is enhanced to name a few from a recent article published by EF Academy.
These are just a sample of the many great reasons why a family will make the decision to invest in their son’s education at De La Salle Collegiate. We urge families to schedule a visit, tour, or shadow day so they can discover the number that is important for them and how we can best serve their son(s).
To schedule that visit we encourage you to contact the DLS Admissions Office by completing an inquiry form at https://delasallehs.schooladminonline.com/portal/new_inquiry.
The investment that parents make in their children now will pay for a lifetime. We want all parents to know that for the past 90 years De La Salle Collegiate has been delivering on that investment for parents.
In that time, the school has moved, student populations have changed, tuition has risen, teachers have come and gone, and the building has evolved. However, the standards of excellence in achievement, faith, morality, and intellectual development have never wavered and continue to be exemplified by the students attending today.
God Bless and Go Pilots!
Mr. Bill Burkhardt, ‘03
Director of Admissions