On Saturday, Feb. 9, juniors may take the ACT test, one of the most important components in the college application process. Students may also take the ACT exam on April 13.
During Jan. 2019, De La Salle counselors will be meeting with juniors regarding test registration and preparation.
Many students benefit from a structured classroom approach to test preparation. For many years, De La Salle has offered an after-school ACT preparation course. The class is now taught by Mr. Joe Novak (Science and Math portions) and Mrs. Annmarie Michol (English, Reading, and Writing portions). Mrs Shelley Slusser serves as course coordinator and backup teacher.
The cost is $150, which includes the ACT prep book. The book contains several sample tests and explanations of test answers. The course includes a total of eight classes over a two-three week period – see the schedule below.
We are offering three different sessions. In case of a snow day or school closure for inclement weather, the schedule will move accordingly. We will NOT miss any component of the class.
How to enroll:
- Enrollment is limited to the first 35 students in each session on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students should register at the Business Office. (Turn in registration form with payment to the Business Office). Students should indicate a second and third choice, and indicate if any session is not possible due to sports, play production, etc.
- Enrollment is finalized AFTER payment is received.
- Participants can pay with cash or check at the Business Office window, or they can use the drop box. (checks made out to De La Salle Collegiate). Parents can also indicate in writing that they would like the ACT Test Prep charge to be added to their FACTS Tuition account.
- The $150 registration is due by Thu., Dec. 20.
- Class assignments are finalized on Fri., Jan. 11. Parents and students will receive a confirmation email on Mon., Jan. 14 indicating the session to which the student is assigned.
- Parents and students will also receive reminder emails BEFORE the session begins, and emails in case of a class postponement.
Some additional notes
- Classes meet in either Mrs. Michol’s or Mr. Novak’s classrooms.
- Students are expected to report on time, in dress code, and to stay for the ENTIRE time.
- Disruptive students will be removed from the class.
- There are no opportunities to make up the class.
- Attendance is taken at these classes. Parents should notify Mrs. Slusser via phone or email if their son is absent. If a student is absent, and there has been NO notification, parents will be contacted.
If you have further questions about testing dates please feel free to contact Mrs. Slusser at anytime.
De La Salle ACT Prep Class Schedule for 2018
|Session A||Session B||Session C|
|Pre-Test Part 1||Mon Jan 14||Mon Jan 28||Wed Feb 6|
|Pre-Test Part 2||Tues Jan 15||Tues Jan 29||Thurs Feb 7|
|Subject Session||Wed Jan 16||Wed Jan 30||Mon Feb 11|
|Subject Session||Thur Jan 17||Thurs Jan 31||Tues Feb 12|
|Subject Session||Tues Jan 22||Mon Feb 4||Wed Feb 13|
|Subject Session||Wed Jan 23||Tues Feb 5||Thur Feb 14|
|Post-Test Part 1||Thurs Jan 24||Wed Feb 6||Wed Feb 20|
|Post-Test Part 2||Mon Jan 28||Thur Feb 7||Thurs Feb 21|
Important Session Information:
- Sessions are two hours long after school 2:50-4:50 p.m.
- In case of a snow day, Fridays are kept open. NO sessions are missed.
Official 2019 ACT Testing Dates
- The First official ACT test date is Feb. 9. The deadline to register is Jan. 11.
- The second official ACT test is April 13. The deadline to register is March 8.