Alumni Golf Leagues
The De La Salle Collegiate Alumni Association hosts two different golf leagues per year - Outdoor and indoor!
See below for more information:
The all-new Alumni Indoor Golf League will start play in 2022 at the new golf simulator inside the Brother Robert Activity Center (BRAC) 8777 Common Rd , Warren, MI 48093.
Each week teams of two players will compete against another team of two players in an individual stroke play format including handicaps.
The day and time of each match will be determined by each team’s availability
- Registration deadline is February 13, 2022, at 12 p.m.
- Open to the first 8 teams.
- Each participant must pay for the league to De La Salle by February 13, 2022.
- $200 Greens Fee (8 weeks at $25 per week)
- $25 Prizes fee (Pays for trophies and prizes)
- Total due is $225
- Prizes will go to 1st and 2nd place winners
- Scores will be tabulated weekly and posted online using Trackman software
- A handicap system will be used
- Handicap will be established, using your league handicap as a starting point. It will continue to be adjusted every round throughout the season.
- Handicaps are based on simulator league rounds only.
- Not be allowed to play
- Each team will have to play their “round” in that week.
- 8-week league includes play-offs
- Trophies will be handed out at the conclusion of the league for 1st place
- Each team will play 6 rounds of league play, then two weeks of playoffs. League matches consist of 9 holes at one of our simulated courses each week.
- February 20 - March 27, then playoffs will be April 3 and April 10, 2021
- 9 hole, team net format, with individual established league handicap
- Tee times are required for dates and times off league play. League play will be on Sundays. Times are as follow:
- 8:00-10:00 a.m.
- 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Coordinate with your weekly opponent to select your Sunday tee time.
- Request your tee time by emailing Dennis Koch or call him at 586-541-6221.
- If you are unable to agree on a Sunday tee time with your opponent, please let us know your preferred day and time. We will do our best to accommodate, but it is not guaranteed.
- Week 1 (2/20/22):
- Week 2 (2/27/22):
- Week 3 (3/6/22):
- Week 4 (3/13/22):
- Week 5 (3/20/22:
- Week 6 (3/27/22):
- Playoffs Week 1 (4/3/22):
- Playoffs Week 2 (4/10/22): Surprise!
- Check-In & Preparation:
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the time slot to allow to prepare for your “tee time”
- Please make sure you are wearing clean shoes or sneakers (no spikes!)
- Please make sure your clubs and grooves are clean
- Course Setup:
- Courses will be set up with easy pins, calm wind, medium-firm fairways, medium-firm greens, and green speed stimped at an 11 (same as putting turf).
- Putting will be “automatic” two-putts
- No cleats may be worn while using the simulator. Bring a change of shoes to avoid tracking dirt into the simulator.
- All players must clean their clubs prior to each round. Any dirt will transfer to the screen.
- No food in the hitting area.
- Only hit from the designated hitting area.
- Teams will be made up of two players.
- Each team will play one 9-hole round against their weekly opponent. League rounds must be scheduled according to the specific tee times above.
- One (1) 9-hole round will be scheduled each week.
- Group of 4 (Two Teams): Two Hours to complete 9-hole round.
- Any holes not finished in that time period will be given a triple bogey.
- Scoring: Each week, each team competes against another team in the league.
- Example: Player A and Player B are on a team. Player A is a 5 handicap and Player B is a 10 handicap. Player A shoots a 41, his handicap is subtracted from the total score, 41 - 5 = 36. Player B shoots a 50, his handicap is subtracted from the total score, 50-10 = 40. The score for team A &B is 36+40=76.
- Example: Team A net team total is 70 and Team B net team net is 73. Team A is the winner of the matchup and receives 2 points for the week. Team B receives 0 points for the week. In case of a tie, both teams receive 1 week.
- The gimme range is set to 8 feet (one-putts) with automatic 2 putts for all other shots on the green.
- All shots must be played from the proper mat.
- If the system has an error, please report it to the staff member and he will assist you.
- A maximum score for any hole is a Triple Bogey!
- No Mulligan’s will be permitted at any time.
POINTS SYSTEM & PLAYOFFS:
- Each week, teams will compete for a low net better ball of partners.
- 2 points for a win, one point for a tie.
- Points will be accumulated through the 6-week regular season and brackets will be set based upon how you finished in the standings.
- All teams make the playoffs, in which they will have their matches scheduled in two consecutive weeks.