Happy anniversary, De La Salle!
On a snowy, sleety day, November 15, 1925, the founding Board of Trustees broke ground at Glenfield and Connor, in Detroit, across the street from vacant land that would become the Detroit City Airport a few years later.
Mr. Anthony Bodde, a graduate of St. Joseph High School in Detroit, along with other “Blue Jay” alumni, is shown in a photo of the day, turning the first shovel of dirt.
The school opened in 1926, and graduated the first class in 1929.
To read more about the groundbreaking ceremony, and watch a video showing Bishop Michael Gallagher at the cornerstone ceremony, click here.