High School Placement Test (HSPT)
The late HSPT is offered on Saturday, February 3, at 8 am.
We encourage you to click the link above to register for the test. Walk up registrations will be accepted the morning of the test.
The results for both tests will be sent out in early January.
If your son needs to take the test with accommodations due to an IEP or 504, please contact Mr. Burkhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will send you the verification forms you will need to have your son’s current school sign off on. All students testing with accommodations will take the test on February 3.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to take the HSPT BEFORE I submit my application?
- No, there is not a proper order. You can take the test and submit the application in any order you choose. We encourage you to submit the application as soon as possible. This allows your current school time to complete their portion of the application.
- I am not fully decided on where I will attend high school, should I still submit the application and take the HSPT?
- Yes! Submitting the application and taking the test ensures that you are given full consideration for acceptance, academic scholarships, and tuition assistance.
- If I submit the application and take the HSPT, am I locked into tuition?
- No, you do not make any payments or deposits until March of your 8th grade year. This is after you receive your acceptance and go through the tuition assistance process if needed.
- I am waiting to submit the application until after I see how I scored on the HSPT.
- This is a bad idea. The results of the HSPT are not sent home until January. At that time your application would be considered late. There is no fee for the application. Therefore, we encourage you to submit the application before December 22, 2017 to ensure you are given full consideration for acceptance and financial aid if needed.
- What do I have to score on the HSPT to be accepted at De La Salle Collegiate?
- De La Salle Collegiate does not use the HSPT to determine acceptance. We use it place you into the right level of coursework and to determine academic scholarships.
- I did poorly on the HSPT, can I retake it?
- No, per the Archdiocese of Detroit students can only take the HSPT one time. If you did poorly on the test our Response To Intervention (RTI) Team will bring you into De La Salle Collegiate for additional testing to determine proper placement within the curriculum.
Questions: DLS Admissions email@example.com or 586.541.6220.
High School Placement Test Workshops
COMING SOON!! 7th Grade Workshop in Spring of 2018
Check Back In March for Dates
Our HSPT Workshops are brand new! The workshops are now two days long and taught by trained DLS staff. While participating in the workshops students will:
- take a complete practice test.
- receive the results of that practice test.
- receive instruction in academic areas many students struggle.
- be taught proper test taking strategy for the HSPT.
- be given their own copy of Peterson’s, Mastering the Catholic High School Entrance Exam.
The course has a cost of $75.
The workshops are open to boys and girls in the 8th grade from any school.
There is no discounted rate if you can only attend one day. Additionally, student can not attend one day in session one and the other day in session two. Refunds are available until one week prior to the workshop.