Mission – Vision – Values – Goals
De La Salle Collegiate is dedicated to the Lasallian, Catholic education of its diverse students, including the poor and disadvantaged. We are a college preparatory high school inspired by the spirit and tradition of St. John Baptist de La Salle, where learning takes place in the presence of God. Each student is encouraged to develop his faith, character, intellect, and morality.
This mission is embodied in the school’s motto: “Builders of Boys, Makers of Men.”
Vision statements describe our dreams and what we believe we can achieve.
- De La Salle Collegiate will provide a safe, respectful, and inviting educational Lasallian environment that prepares our students to be literate, faith-oriented, and productive citizens ready for the 21st century.
- The Faculty and Staff of De La Salle will foster an environment that promotes the academic, spiritual, physical, and emotional growth of each student.
- De La Salle will be an institution with high expectations where students grow academically, socially, and spiritually through the support of its dedicated faculty.
- We will reinforce and hold dear the Lasallian traditions and values that have made our school unique for generations of students.
- Respecting each student’s particular learning needs and learning styles, De La Salle will provide a stimulating academic environment and strong extracurricular opportunities for all, supporting our belief in maximizing each student’s present and future potential.
Value statements are a list of behaviors that support our mission and vision. They are our expectations for how we behave.
- We will continue to promote the Lasallian value of respect for others throughout the school by addressing the issues of bullying and intolerance.
- We will encourage our students to be more accountable and responsible for their academic achievement, particularly in the area of integrity.
- We will continue to refine our leadership teams and departmental collaboration in order to improve our professional learning community.
- We will continue to promote the FAST and SAIL programs for those students who are in need of support.
- We will continue to promote daily classroom prayer.
De La Salle develops goals to reach certain learning targets. Each department and leadership team is responsible for a yearly goal.
Our goals are outlined after the acronym SMART.
Each goal is:
- Specific. Meaning it is tied to our mission.
- Measurable. Meaning we can track whether we are meeting the target.
- Attainable. Meaning it is able to be achieved.
- Results-based. Meaning reaching the goal will improve student learning.
- Time-bound. Meaning there is a certain time limit we hold ourselves to in order to accomplish the goal.
During our collaborative time in the school year, we constantly analyze our progress toward each goal.
The goals are also posted on the walls in the teachers’ lounge and in the Principal’s office.
De La Salle Collegiate is an all boys, Lasallian, Catholic high school, conducted by the Brothers of the Christian Schools since 1926.
De La Salle is located in Warren, Michigan, a Detroit suburb located in Macomb County. The school offers a college prep curriculum. De La Salle’s athletic teams are called the Pilots, and nearly every team is part of the Catholic High School League (CHSL), operated by the Archdiocese of Detroit.
Interested students are invited to contact the Admissions Office for Application information, as well as information regarding financial aid and tuition.