De La Salle’s senior and sophomore classes were engaged in a full day of service on Wed., Oct. 14.
The seniors did service at several sites; all of the sophomores went by bus to the Forgotten Harvest farm to pick vegetables.
The seniors were at:
- Capuchin Retreat Center in Washington Township (doing outdoor clean up)
- Special Dreams Farm for special needs adults in St. Clair (doing outdoor clean up)
- St. Jude Parish in Detroit (field and alley clean up)
- St. Clare de Montefalco School in Grosse Pointe Park (assisting teachers in classrooms)
- Hope Center in Fraser (a food distribution center)
- Gleaners in Detroit (packing lunches for the Kids Helping Kids program)
- St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store in Clinton Township (sorting and organizing donations)
This was the first time a full class went as a group to do service.
All of the activities were coordinated by the DLS Campus Ministry office.