This Christmas season Children’s Hospital of Michigan (Detroit) has once again requested the generosity and assistance of De La Salle Collegiate in helping families provide toys for their children who are ill during the holiday season. Students can make this holiday season a brighter one for those materially less fortunate, patients, and their families.
Snowpile is an annual event where families are able to pick out items for the child that is in the hospital as well the patient’s siblings, which can alleviate some of the pressure families feel during the holiday season.
The final day for collection is Friday, December 15.
Guidelines for grade level donations are on the Campus Ministry website. Gift cards are also accepted.
- SAFETY is the most important consideration when selecting toys.
- NO USED ITEMS PLEASE. We only accept NEW toys, games, books, and stuffed animals.
- Because some of our patients have acute illnesses, donors are not allowed to personally distribute gifts directly to patients.
- Violent games and books, toy guns, swords and projectile toys are not accepted.
- Please refrain from donating candy, food, glow items, chalk or religious materials.
- Many of the patients have allergies or asthma so chalk/sidewalk chalk is not accepted.
- Due to safety recalls, please avoid dollar store items.
- Please DO NOT wrap gifts.
- Arts & craft materials must have the non-toxic seal (AP, CP, health label Non-Toxic).
- Crayons MUST BE Crayola or Rose Art brand.
- Some children are sensitive to natural rubber latex, please:
- Buy only specific name brands whenever possible.
- Do not donate items known to contain natural rubber latex including, but not limited to, rubber balloons, Koosh balls, rubber stamps, rubber balls, rubber erasers, paddles with rubber balls attached, etc.
- Only mylar balloons and vinyl items are permitted.