Together we are stronger as we practice “Faith in You” in all we do, say and how we act.
It is Our Promise to be a beacon for Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
As Team De La Salle this moral compass will guide us forward.
We stand together to:
- Embrace a broader perspective.
- Respect each other for the diverse qualities we bring.
- Act in ways that support “Our Promise”.
- Create and encourage an inclusive environment.
- Educate guided by Faith in each other.
- Gauge our next steps by the principles of:
- Is Justice being served?
- Is there Equality for all?
- Do we have diversity in place, practice, and process?
- Are we open and inclusive of Faith in All?
Together we will move forward in Faith that we have fulfilled our promise. We have faith in you.
De La Salle Collegiate
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Through its promise, De La Salle Collegiate commits to promoting justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices. We define these as:
- Justice: We foster right relationships to promote the common good with charity, courage, and compassion in achieving academic excellence.
- Equity: We seek to ensure fair treatment, equality of opportunity, and fairness in access to information and resources for all. We believe this is only possible in an environment built on honoring the sacredness and dignity of every person.
- Diversity: We celebrate and embrace the rich tapestry of people, voices, and perspectives of our students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community. We serve and educate regardless of background, ethnicity, race, mobility, religion, gender, wealth, ability, or self-identity.
- Inclusion: We believe in dynamic groups of students, staff, families, and perspectives where all feel safe, supported, valued and respected. Inclusion builds a culture of belonging by actively inviting the contribution and participation of all people.
What makes us different from other schools? Our Promise. Diversity, equitable educational opportunities and inclusivity matter and are essential in the workplace. We are demonstrating through our actions and activities our commitment to diversity, equity and an inclusive education/environment, Lasallian formation, and its relationship to social justice.
What DEI is not:
- Focusing solely on race, gender, gender identity or sexual orientation.
- Taking from one individual or group and redistributing to another.
- Affirmative Action or other compliance mandates.