Congratulations to the De La Salle Collegiate Swimming and Diving Team, who took fourth at the MHSAA Division 2 Championships last weekend at Oakland University.
Senior Zach Milke led the Pilots’ efforts, with first place finishes in both the 100 free and 100 backstroke. Zach also anchored the first place 400 free relay to cap off an exciting meet. Zach was named the Division 2 Swimmer of the Year.
Zach was All American on the Medley Relay that was State Champs in 2016. The 2 automatic qualifying times in the 100 freestyle and 100 Backstroke tie him with Coach Jim Singelyn for the most All American titles in school history. If the 400 Freestyle relay makes it through the consideration time, Zach will be all American 4 times and stand alone in school history. Zach has been ALL State 12 times in Relays and Individual Events and a State Champion 5 times, twice on Relays and three times individually. Macomb Daily article about Zach
Results are below.
- 200 medley Relay 11th place Senior Zach Milke, Junior Sam Streberger,Junior Danny Talbot, and Junior Mike McGinnity.
- 200 Free 2nd Place Senior Captain Daniel Frederick 2nd Place with a time of 1:40.22 making him All State and All American Consideration also breaks his own Varsity record.
- 200 IM 7th Place Senior Captain Ben Rancilio finished 7th All State with a time of 1:58.47.
- Diving Freshmen Joey Bash finished 8th All State, Junior Justin Huttenlocher finished 9th and Junior AL Streberger finished 15th.
- 100 Free Senior Captain Zach Milke STATE CHAMPION, ALL AMERICAN, ALL STATE, and new Varsity Record with a time of 44.97. The time is the 14th fastest in MHSAA history.
- 100 Butterfly Rancilio 14th personal best time of 53.01
- 500 Freestyle Frederick finished 2nd again with a time of 4:30.75 the time is ALL American consideration, All State and breaks his own Varsity Record. This is the 16th fastest 500 in MHSAA history.
- 200 Free Relay The team of Senior Captain Hunter Broski, Junior Mike McGinnity, Senior Captain Ben Rancilio and Senior Captain Daniel Frederick went a time of 1:27.87 finishing in 6th place to be All State and New Varsity Record.
- 100 Back Milke for the 2nd straight year wins this event. This time he’s ALL American, All State and breaks his own school record with a time 49.63 the time is the 10th fastest in MHSAA history.
- 400 Free Relay The team of 4 Senior Captains Hunter Broski, Ben Rancilio, Daniel Frederick, and Zach Milke are the State Champions with a come from behind victory of 3:07.28, making them All American Consideration, All State, and breaks the Varsity record.
- 1st Dexter 241.5
- 2nd Rochester Adams 220
- 3rd Groves 191
- 4th De La Salle 190
- 5th Seaholm 183