Carolyn Clifford is the CBA Fashion Show’s Celebrity Guest Host at the “Singin’ in the Rain” Dinner and Fashion Show on Wednesday, March 16, at Penna’s of Sterling.
The Fashion Show Committee is extremely delighted that Carolyn Clifford will join them for the evening’s festivities. What a way to add even more splendor to the Christian Brothers Auxiliary’s 90th year anniversary celebration.
Here are some highlights about our celebrity host:
- Carolyn currently anchors the 7 Action News 6, 7 and 11 p.m. newscasts with Stephen Clark.
- She joined WXYZ in 2002 as the station’s health reporter, then joined the “7 Action News This Morning” team before moving into the evening news anchor desk.
- She is a native Detroiter and a graduate of Benedictine High School and Michigan State University where she earned a degree in Broadcast Journalism.
- Carolyn has received many professional accolades for her reporting and anchoring work at 7 Action News. She is a 13-time Emmy Award winner, including three Emmys for Best News Anchor. She has also been honored by the Associated Press, the Michigan Association of Broadcasters, and been given a special tribute by the Karmanos Cancer Institute as one of their “Heroes of Breast Cancer.” She has also been honored for her community and volunteer work in the Metro Detroit area.
- Before embarking on a career in TV news, she dreamed of dancing on Broadway. As a lifelong dancer, she performed in both the MSU Dance Company and the MSU Motion Dance Team before she graduated.
- She loves spending time with her family, whether it’s attending her son’s track meets or playing “dance mom” at her daughter’s dance rehearsals, recitals and competitions.
Plan to be a part of this exciting Spring Fantasy evening and join in as we give Carolyn a warm De La Salle welcome!
Fashion Show tickets are $65 and can be purchased by