Here is information about Power Hour to ensure you know what we are doing during this valuate time.
These spreadsheets will show you our schedule.
Power Hour is split into two 37 minute segments: During one half of Power Hour we want students to eat their lunch and during another half of Power Hour we want students to get involved in a school activity. As you can see,… we have a variety of club and activity opportunities, but we also have tutoring hours for each department, as well as quiet study locations.
Here is more information about Power Hour if you would like to read more:
Purpose: Research shows that students who participate in extracurricular activities (sports, clubs, teams, organizations, etc.) have a stronger sense of belonging in their school and tend to have better grades, higher attendance, and lower incidence of discipline problems. Every high school student will have the opportunity to join clubs or work on academic deficiencies during Power Hour for the school day during the 2018-19 school year.
- Power Hour will run from 11:48 – 1:02 each regular
- Power Hour will be adjusted during PLC, Liturgy, Purple, Gold and Late start schedules
- A bell will ring at the ½ way point of Power Hour (12:25)
- Power Hour is split into two 37 minute segments; 37 minutes for lunch and 37 minutes for extracurricular activities
- Teachers will have 37 minutes for lunch and 37 minutes of duty that might include student supervision or a sponsor for a club.
- Students may choose to eat lunch in the cafeteria or in other school approved areas in the building. Hallways, gym, weight room, TARMAC, and unsupervised classrooms are off limits for eating
- Juniors and Seniors will eat first part of power hour (A), and do clubs and tutoring second half of Power hour (B)
- Sophomore, and Freshman will eat second half of power hour (B), and do clubs and tutoring first half of Power hour (A)
Privilege, Not a Right:
- Power Hour is a privilege and students may lose that privilege
- Students who have a D or an F will go to mandatory tutoring recommended by that teacher(s)
- School community service will be conducted during Power Hour through the assistant principal of students affairs.
- Students may NOT leave campus during Power Hour.